Table of Contents
What is a temperature controller?
temperature controller is a digital product that owns conditional switchers which will auto-turn on/off the related relays to connected loads like the compressor, which offers cold air to adjust the room temperature; it was also been called a thermostat.
Before using it the user must set a target temperature range, and the controller by that range to judge cut off the power or power on the load.
Why customize the temperature controller?
There are many classic temperature controllers on the market, e.g.
- STC-1000 thermostat owns dual relays, one for controlling the compressor, and another for controlling the heater;
- STC-8080H defrost temperature controller also offers two output relays: one for the compressor, and another for the defrosting unit;
- STC-9200 thermostat owns 3 relays: one for refrigeration, the 2nd for defrosting, and the last one for controlling the fan which nearby the evaporator;
- TCC-2320A could control both the compressor and the light, once the user opens the door of the cooling beverage cabinet, the light will turn on.
However, it does not means the existing temperature controllers could satisfy all your requirement, e.g.
- you may feel the function of the STC-9200 defrosting thermostat is too much, you want to cut part of it; meanwhile, add or adjust part of the functions to the top level.
- You might want a new look or a revolutionary way of interacting to stand out from the competition and gain more market share.
- And with the advancement of technology, many household appliances have added Internet control functions, and the development of commercial refrigerators is slower than that of household refrigerators.
How to custom a new temperature controller?
As you know the most essential parts of designing and developing a new temperature controller include:
- List the functions: tell us what functions your new controller will cover, only control the compressor, allow defrosting, or preset some minutes for water dripping, and we will design the circuit board according to this part.
- Front panel size: more and more factories adopt larger panels than before, big panels offer bigger and clear fonts and more intelligent buttons;
- Icons & typeface style: we have a collection of classic icons and light styles for selection, and welcome to offer new designs if you want to.
- mounting dimension: it is decide the back panel size and chamber capacity.
- Wiring Diagram: you may offer it to us, and Haswill Electronics could draw it for you.
Once we get all the data and your requirement, we will analyze these documents, then give options or suggestions.
How much it will cost to customize a digital temperature controller?
The development cost is mainly up of three parts:
- Mold fees:
- If you dislike all existing molds and want to develop a new one totally, the mold fee could be 5000USD to 10K USD according to the size, the fineness of the mold, and the human-machine interaction mode.
- if you will adopt an existing mold and if workable, then congratulations! no fee!
- if you agree to utilize an existing mold, but part of it is workable, for example, the back panel and room chamber are enough, we just need to make a new mold for the front panel, and you only need to pay for that part.
- Development fee:
- If your new design is based on an existing controller and is easy to modify based on it, the cost could be only 300USD or less;
- But if your design exist a big difference from current products, it could be 1000USD or higher.
- Product Unit Price is up on the quantity
- first of all, any customization order should be no less than 500 PCS;
- the more product you purchase the lower price you will get.
- generally speaking, most controllers’ prices will be no higher than 30 USD /PCS, yes, you may remember that the unit price is usually 60 USD or 80 USD in Europe / USA although you’ve paid thousands of dollars as the development fee, that is why you are here.
How long it will take to develop a new temperature controller?
Same to above cost part,
- if Haswill Electronics help you to customize a total new controller, basically speaking 2 months or more to offer the first samples;
- If the products are based on the existing controller, 3-4 weeks is enough to design and make samples.
- Once you get the samples, test them and give feedback to us as soon as possible, we will re-check and modify the plan if necessary, and then deliver new samples to you.
- Once your side confirms everything is ok, we are going to bulk production.
We wish this article could help you figure out most questions about how to customize a temperature controller from China Haswill Electronics, just contact us for more deeper discussion.